Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
Your gift helps Scouting fulfill the six critical
elements of healthy youth development by:
- Over 4,000 Scouts and adults collected almost 80,000 pounds of food to help feed the hungry in the Longs
Peak Council territory.
- Service projects initiated by Eagle Scouts involved
over 1,200 additional Scouts and resulted
in more than 17,250 hours of service to our community.
- Scouts develop leadership through experiential learning at summer camp, during weekend campouts, and participating in other activities
- Weekly adult-youth interaction
- Scouts learned new skills while earning badges and rank advancements last year
- High school students receive career guidance and education through the Exploring program
- The Scouting program centers on the belief that youths cannot develop to their full potential without a spiritual element in their lives.
- Scouts and leaders enjoy physically challenging activities at our high-quality outdoor facilities
- Ben Delatour Scout Ranch
- Camp Laramie Peak
- Chimney Park Scout Camp
- Camp Patiya
- Elkhorn High Adventure Base
- 3049 Cub Scouts attended Cub Camps last year.
- 1,859 Longs Peak Council Boy Scouts attended a long-term Scout camp experience last year.
- Scouts and co-ed Venturers & Explorers learned responsibility, planning, organizing, and goal setting during a week at summer camp
- 94% of Scouting parents feel their youths learn morals and values in the Boy Scout program.*
* Boy Scout Summer Camp Outcome Study conducted by Harris Interactive
Last Updated Saturday, 13-Nov-2010 20:49:17 CST