The three standard BSA Leave No Trace Courses are:
The BSA Leave No Trace Trainer course syllabus is a collaborative effort of the BSA and
the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.
- BSA Leave No Trace 101 (Awareness) Class - 3½ hours
- This introduction to Leave No Trace is for ALL Boy Scouts, Venturers and adult leaders who use the outdoors.
- It is the minimum recommended training for ALL adults and older scouts who will be teaching Leave No Trace in their troops and/or signing off on the 2nd Class, First Class, or merit badge Leave No Trace requirements.
- BSA Leave No Trace Trainer Course - 16 hours, overnight
- This course is for everyone, age 14 & older who will be teaching Leave No Trace to others. It is required training for a scout to hold the Leave No Trace Trainer junior leadership position in his troop, and is also highly recommended for members of the Council and District outdoor skills training teams.
- BSA Leave No Trace Master Educator Course - 5 days/nights
- This course is for developing LNT Master Educators who will instruct LNT Trainer Courses.
- For additional description, please see the BSA Outdoor Ethics website.
BSA Leave No Trace Trainer courses are a minimum of 16 hours long, and they cover:
- All the required elements of the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics Trainer course.
- Additional topics on application of Leave No Trace to the BSA program.
|Who Can Attend:||LNT Trainer Courses are open to adults and youth 14 and older.|
Individuals from outside BSA who have an interest in both Leave No Trace and our BSA outdoor programs can also attend Longs Peak Council's LNT Trainer courses.
|Course Format:||In the Longs Peak Council, our format is typically a Friday evening and long all-day Saturday, or all-day Saturday to mid-day Sunday course.|
Camping overnight is a part of the course.
|Graduates will have:||
Recognition as Leave No Trace Trainers with training skills for both generic and
Graduates fully meet BSA "Leave No Trace Trainer" National Camp Standard
and youth qualify for Leave No Trace Trainer position of responsibility in their troop or team.
Boulder - October 26-27, 2013
west of Boulder, CO
- 8:30 AM Saturday through 3:00 PM Sunday
- Course Fee: $29 (includes LNT materials, Saturday lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch)
- Preregistration is required.
This course is Full - Please see our other dates, or contact Mark Hammer to be placed on a waitlist in case we get any cancellations.
- A suggested equipment list, driving directions, etc will be emailed to participants before the course.
- Each participant will prepare and present a short (< 10 minute) lesson. Topic assignments will be emailed to participants before the course.
We plan to offer BSA LNT Trainer Courses in June and October of 2014:
- Sat-Sun, May 31 - June 1 - Ben Delatour Scout Ranch
- Sat-Sun, October 25-26 - Location TBD
Request a Course
If you have at least 6 youth (14 and older) or adults eager to take the LNT Trainer course, we'll work with you to set something up.
Please contact Mark Hammer at meh@LPBroadband.net or 970 669-1034.
This introduction to Leave No Trace is for ALL Boy Scouts, Venturers and adult leaders (including Cub leaders) who use the outdoors.
It is the minimum recommended training for ALL adults and older scouts who will be teaching Leave No Trace in their troops and/or signing off on the 2nd Class, First Class, or merit badge Leave No Trace requirements.
|Who Can Attend:||Adults, Boy Scouts and Venturers.|
|Course Format:||BSA Leave No Trace 101 is a minimum of 3 hours long. It is a combination of presentation, discussion and hands-on activities.|
It can be done as a single class, or several shorter classes (such as a month of troop meetings).
Upon completion, participants will receive a training card, and the course is entered in their official Council/BSA Training Record.|
|Instructors:||Instructors must be LNT Trainers or Master Educators.|
|Host a Course:||
Please see our Trainer List for Trainers in your District.|
The Master Educator Courses are 5-day, 5-night courses offered in a single week or on 2 weekends. Many offer a choice of frontcountry or backcountry emphasis, and some have other specialties such as horse trips or canoeing.
Loveland - March 16, 2013
Request a Course
If you have at least 6 youth or adults eager to take the LNT 101 course, we'll work with you to set something up.
Please contact Mark Hammer at meh@LPBroadband.net or 970 669-1034, or see our Trainer List for Trainers in your District.
The course fee varies and is usually in the $240-$500 range.
BSA LNT Master Educator Courses are open to adult Scouters (18 and older).
Back to Outdoor Ethics / LNT Page
Last Updated Saturday, 17-Nov-2012 21:40:29 MST