The Longs Peak Council Conservation Committee membership includes:
The committee is a sub-committee of the Council Camping Committee, and the chair is appointed by the Council Camping Committee Chair.
- Individuals serving as professionals with natural resources agencies and organizations
- Conservation representatives from camp property committees
- Conservation representatives from the council's districts
- The council's Outdoor Ethics Advocate
- Conservation minded Scouters
- Boy Scouts and Venturers who have earned a Hornaday Conservation Award
The committee meets a minimum of two times per year and it's duties include:
- Coordinating conservation efforts in the council
- Approving Hornaday Award projects and applications
- Overseeing the council's "Gold Seal Account"
- Managing the Project SOAR program
- Awarding conservation grants
- Promoting conservation educational efforts and award programs
- Serving as the voice for conservation of natural resources within the Longs Peak Council.
- Organizing Sawyer Training and Certification classes
Conservation Committee Members
Conservation Committee Description
District Representative Position Description
LPC Conservation Brochure
Conservation Committee Annual Reports:
Back to LPC Conservation Home Page
Last Updated Wednesday, 26-Feb-2014 20:33:06 CST