Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
Using PayPal for Payments
The Longs Peak Council uses PayPal for secure online processing of camp and event registration payments and for online purchases of Council memorabilia.
How It Works for Registrations
When you submit your online event registration,
you will see a button similar to this >>>
When you click on the button, you will be redirected to the PayPal website.
PayPal is "just a little biased" toward getting you to set up and use a PayPal Account, and sometimes they make that option more obvious, quicker, and easier.
Note - If you have a PayPal Account and you try to use the same credit card and email for your payment it will only let you use your PayPal account for the payment. If you want to use a credit card instead, you must use a different email address and a different credit card.
(No, we can't do anything about this, it is PayPal's payment system and their policy, not ours.)
You MAY first see a page like this:
Or like this :
Or they may skip this page and take you directly to the payment page shown later.
- Some purchases or registrations may have multiple "items", eg a certain number of Scout registrations, adult resistrations, etc. You can see the expanded detailed list by clicking on the blue (or gold) arrow in the middle, top of the page:
- If you want to use your PayPal Account, fill in your email and password, and click the [ Log In ] button.
- If you want to pay with your credit card, click the Continue link or button (depends on the page style)
- You will be taken to a page similar to this. Enter your credit card info, etc. Note - for the credit card charge to be accepted, you may need to use the same address, phone, etc as listed with your credit card account.
- After you have entered your information, confirmed your purchase/registration and submitted the final order, you will receive an email summarizing your purchase.
Last Updated Sunday, 20-Jun-2010 23:12:22 CDT