Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
PDF Format Info
Many parts of this site have documents in PDF format.
The Portable Document Format (PDF) format is a standard for electronic document distribution.
It preserves fonts, formatting, colors, and graphics, so is used for forms and
manuals to ensure they have a consistent look.
In order to view and print these PDF documents, you must download and install on your computer
the free Adobe Acrobat® Reader.
Our documents require Version 4.0 or newer of Acrobat Reader. If you are having problems, check your version, and download a newer version if necessary.
If you continue to have problems . . .
Many people have reported that the Adobe Acrobat Reader "hangs" (never shows the file) when viewing large PDF files in their browser window. The work-around is to save the file and view it directly from Acrobat. Here's how:
- Instead of "clicking" on the link to the brochure, RIGHT CLICK on the link and a menu will pop up.
- Select "Save Target As". A file dialog box will pop up (showing some folder on your computer . . usually the last folder you downloaded something to)
- Select where you want the file to be saved, and REMEMBER the location, so you can
- Click "Save".
- Using your Windows File Explorer on your computer, locate the saved file.
- Double-click on the file and it should come up in Acrobat.
- Remember to delete the copy of the file on your computer once you are done with it.
Last Updated Sunday, 26-Feb-2006 18:10:07 MST