2012-2016 Strategic Plan
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Vision of the Longs Peak Council, BSA
It is the vision of the Longs Peak Council to Prepare today's youth for tomorrow's challenges.
Mission of the Boy Scouts of America
It is the mission of the Boy Scouts of America to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Mission of the Longs Peak Council, BSA
It is the mission of the Longs Peak Council, BSA to develop character, competence, integrity and leadership in today's youth through quality programs, outdoor experiences, and service to community.
- Transparency and accountability
- Family involvement
- Outdoor experiences
On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my Country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
- Based on good research, we will focus planning and responsibility on the best revenue generators.
- Draft a Development Plan.
- Use top shelf resources and organizations for marketing and fund raising.
- Invite pro bono firms to provide resources and services to the Council..
- Develop Strategic Relationships with other non-profits and community based organizations.
- Use Grad students who would use scouting challenges and solutions for their thesis.
- Challenge (identify and access) influential organizations in our territory to help promote the purpose and values of Scouting.
- Utilize best methods of recruiting, training, nurturing and rewarding volunteer service.
- Experiment with pilot programs in affinity groups with no history of Scouting.