Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
Advanced/Wilderness First Aid & CPR
Students will learn how to recognize an emergency, act appropriately, and sustain life in remote wilderness situations.
This course will be taught by certified instructors of Colorado First Aid
|Date||Saturday-Sunday, May 16-17, 2015|
(you must attend both days)
|Location||Community Room (north of McWhinney Blvd),|
Factory Outlet Mall, Loveland, CO
|Times||Class starts at 8:00 am|
|Who Can Attend||Classes are taught at an adult level and it is recommended that youth participants be 14 years or older.|
|To Enroll||Register Online at Colorado First Aid's registration website.|
This class is 16 hours long over two days and satisfies all Philmont, etc. requirements. It also includes a full CPR certification.
Graduates of NSC first aid courses will have a certificate and/or NSC completion card. Expiration dates are set at a maximum of 3 years for first aid and 2 years for CPR.
This exceeds the requirements of Red Cross "Wilderness First Aid/CPR", and has been recognized by Philmont and the BSA.
- Basic life support for breathing and cardiac emergencies (CPR)
- Controlling bleeding and managing shock
- Safety and prevention issues
- Bones and joint care, splinting and wrapping
- Wound care and soft tissue injuries
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Rescuing and moving victims
- Cold and heat injuries
- Poisoning and prevention
- Primary and secondary victim assessment
- Caring for special injuries and medical emergencies
- Special techniques for illness and injuries
- Special situations, behavioral emergencies
- Advanced resuscitation techniques
- Wilderness first aid and remote care protocols
- First Aid Kits
- Oxygen use and emergency airways
This program is open to the public, organizations, and businesses. Although it is friendly to the scouting organizations this is not a "kid class". All first aid is taught at the adult and teen level. We have received compliments from participants of all ages and backgrounds. Parents and leaders are asked to insure that participants are ready for this level of training. We recommend participants be at least 14 years old for the Advanced/Wilderness First Aid.
Please look over the Advanced & Wilderness First Aid web page
for more information.
Contact: Lew Welzel: firstname.lastname@example.org